Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This is a large 10-12 lb Bar-B-Que brisket that will serve a large crowd - it's always a favorite with everyone. It is very tender with a heavy delicious bar-b-que flavor. I serve this with potatoe salad and western style baked beans (see my recipe) Freeze any left-over meat slices for sandwiches or future meals.
- Rub salt and pepper well into the brisket, cover completely with aluminum foil and set into a large turkey type roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, mix worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, celery seed, onions, and brown sugar. Stir well and pour mixture into the roasting pan then add enough water to fill the pan with liquid.
- Bake at 350 for four hours or until tender, keep and eye on the liquid level, adding water as necessary.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Drain, remove foil,place brisket in a baking dish and refrigerate over night.
- Before serving, slice brisket and pour bar-b-que sauce over the meat. Warm in oven at 250 for 20 minutes.