Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice tasting oat burger recipe that I got from a friend. Can also be baked with cream of mushroom soup for those who can eat it. But I enjoy it with the bar-B-Q sauce.
- Put cottage cheese in strainer to drain excess liquid.
- Chop mixed nuts, or put in food processor.
- Add cottage cheese, nuts, oats, onion, seasoning and breadcrumbs (I use gluten free, but may use regular breadcrubs if able). Mix well.
- Make small patties, using a tablespoons. (about the size of half dollars).
- Spray Pam in saute pan and brown patties on both sides.
- Heat oven 350°F.
- Mix bar-B-Q sauce and apricot preserve.
- Place burgers in glass baking dish and put some sauce on each burger.
- Bake 350°F for 25-30 minutes.