Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
my mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it is wonderful for meatball sandwiches with some Provolone. But also good on toothpicks with maybe a square of cheese or other nibblets. You will find many way to use these wonderful meatballs
- 8 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 lbs lean hamburger
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups catsup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Mix first 7 ingredients.
- Roll into balls (one layer deep) and brown well.
- Mix last 5 ingredients as a sauce and pour over balls that have been placed into a crockpot or pan for the oven.
- If in the oven bake at 350* for 1 hour and check.
- When done through your ready to eat.
- If in crock pot give it 4 hours on high.
Okay boys and girls, let me start by saying I reduced this down to one pound of meat. I do think that ONE CUP OF GARLIC POWDER is a bit much as is 1/3 cup for the one pound version. I only used 1 teaspoon of garlic powder. Also, it doesn't really say how to brown the meatballs, so I browned in my electric skillet. I just continued the recipe in the electric skillet. Good flavor in the meatballs and sauce,just watch out for the garlic powder....
My recipe for bbq meatballs is almost exactly the same as this except that we add 1/2 tsp pepper & 2 tsp chili powder to the meatballs.