Recipe by Hungarian Gypsy
This is so flavorful and tender . . . follow the directions and do not increase the oven temp to shorten the cooking time or meat will be dry and tasteless. It's worth the wait. Or, you could use ketchup (?) and add other ingredients to make a completely different recipe as one post suggests. But then, why would you ?
Top Review by Alan Leonetti
I did not like the taste of this recipe. I feel that it is lacking other ingredients. I would omit the chili sauce and replace it with ketchup, and the dill pickles would have to go. Of course, omitting those two ingredients makes it a completely different recipe with other ingredients.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a large roaster and bake, covered @ 250 degrees for 11 hours.
- Do nothing for the first 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, stir every hour to break apart.
- Not necessary to add any other seasonings, not even salt.
- Before serving, mash or break apart with fork.
- Serve on hamburger buns.