1/2 Photos of Bar "b" Barn Ribs
4 hrs 20 mins
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This is a copy kat recipe from the famous Bar "B" Barn restaurant in Montreal. Simmer the ribs early in the day and then refrigerate until ready to BBQ. This recipe is for pork but beef ribs can be substituted with no problem.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs baby back ribs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped half
- 1/2 onion, chopped half
- 1In a large saucepan or stock pot, cover ribs with cold water; add thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, celery and onion.
- 2Bring to gentle boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until ribs are tender.
- 3Remove ribs place in shallow glass dish.
- 4Set aside.
- 5(Strain cooking liquid and refrigerate or freeze to use as soup stock).
- 7In small saucepan, combine all the sauce ingredients, bring to gentle boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 8Let cool.
- 9Cut strips of ribs into serving portions of 3 to 4 ribs.
- 10Pour sauce all over ribs in dish and marinate for 3 to 4 hours in refrigerator or for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 11Remove ribs from sauce, reserving any remaining sauce.
- 12Cook ribs on greased grill over medium-hot coals or medium setting, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved sauce, for about 20 minutes or until meat is browned.
- 13NOTE:Double the sauce recipe for lots of basting sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bar "b" Barn Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1289.1
- Calories from Fat 805
- Total Fat 89.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.2 g
- Cholesterol 356.6 mg
- Sodium 439.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 73.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
salt and pepper