Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We made these this last weekend, and they were the best burger I have eaten. Even my picky 10 year old said they were better than any restaurant burger we have ever had.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 22 ounces ground beef burgers
- 8 pineapple slices (canned are fine)
- 8 cheese slices (any kind)
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- tomatoes, slices
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Pour a layer of marinade into a baking dish or a large storage container. Place beef patties on top in a single layer, top with enough sauce to cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight. Put the pineapple in a separate container with remaining sauce, cover and chill.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Cook burgers 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. When you flip the burgers and pineapple slices to grill and cook until the grill marks show, turning once. About 1 minute before burgers are finished, place 2 slices of cheese on top of each patty to melt.
- Spread mayonnaise on bottom of each bun. Layer a patty with tomato and pineapple slices. Cover with lettuce, and finish with bun top.
- These are also wonderful with grilled onions.