Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
For a simply scrumptious pudding, popular with all the family, try this version of a much-loved dessert. Time does not include chilling.
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 8 ounces digestive biscuits, crushed
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- grated chocolate, for decoration
- In a large pan of water, boil the unopened can of condensed milk for 2 hours, caramalising the contents of the tin. Take care not to let the water boil dry, topping up with boiling water as required.
- Meanwhile, mix together the crushed digestives and melted butter. Line a 9in flan tin or 6 small tartlet tins with foil. Spread the biscuit mixture evenly over the tin. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Slice the bananas finely and layer over the biscuit base. Top the bananas with the caramelised condensed milk.
- Whip the cream and spread over the caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the top of the cream. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours until serving.