Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is awesome! It is very sweet but very easy, although the (almost) non-active cooking time is long. This dish was created in 1972 at The Hungry Monk pub in East Sussex and the original version is on their website but this is mine and I prefer it. A word of warning though, boiling a tin can be dangerous, I have never had a problem but just in case be careful!
- 1 (397 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 60 g butter
- 2 -3 bananas
- 250 ml cream (for whipping)
- Put the tin unopened on its side in a saucepan, cover it with water and simmer for 3 hours. DO NOT! let the saucepan boil dry, always keep the tin covered with water.
- Take the VERY HOT tin out of the pan and let it cool
- Crush the biscuits.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the biscuits and butter together.
- Press the biscuit mix into a pie dish (9 inch)and leave to cool in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, open the tin of condesnsed milk - it will now be a delicious toffee fudge type thing. Spoon it over the biscuit base (hint: use a warm wet utensil).
- Slice the bananas all over the toffee.
- Whip the cream and spoon it all over the bananas.