1/4 Photos of Banoffee Bananas With Buttermilk Pancakes, Ginger and Cream
French Tart's Note:
This is a very naughty dessert or breakfast/brunch dish - but it is nice to have a treat now and then, so why not! Glossy caramelised toffee bananas served sandwiched between light, fluffy pancakes and then topped with more bananas and ginger syrup with whipped cream............how decadent is that! I used this ginger syrup last time I made these, Ginger Spice Syrup by Sharon 123, it was excellent!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.22 lb plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- butter (for frying) or sunflower oil (for frying)
- 1Pancakes: Sift the plain flour and baking powder together in a large bowl, and make a well in the centre. Pour in the eggs and buttermilk, then gradually whisk in the flour mixture, until you have a perfectly smooth batter. Add the milk if the batter seems a little thick.
- 2Heat the butter or oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 4 large spoonfuls of the pancake batter, spaced apart, to make 9cm round pancakes. Cook for 2 minutes, until golden underneath, then flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes, until cooked through. Remove, keep warm in a low oven and repeat with the remaining batter - makes about 8 pancakes in total.
- 3Banoffee Bananas: Heat the sugar and ginger syrup in a pan, until it forms a caramel or sticky thick sauce.
- 4Add the banana slices to the pan, shaking to coat well.
- 5Add the butter to the pan and heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- 6To Assemble: Take one pancake and top with some of the banoffee banana and ginger syrup mixture - place another pancake on top and add another spoon of the banana mixture; Add the whipped cream and drizzle any remaining ginger and toffee syrup over and around the pancake sandwich stack. (Drizzle some more ginger syrup over if there is not enough!).
- 7Serve immediately whilst still warm.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banoffee Bananas With Buttermilk Pancakes, Ginger and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.5 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: