Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
a different but tastier way to eat hot dogs native American style:)
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 18 hot dogs
- 18 slices processed cheese (better yet use shredded cheddar cheese... as much as you like)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- oil (for frying) or lard (for frying)
- Mix the first four ingredients to make the dough.
- Roll out the dough and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough to fit the wieners.
- While you are making the dawgs you can heat up the oil or lard.
- Spread the dough with mustard.
- Top with a wiener and some cheese and onions.
- Seal tightly. Make sure they are sealed really well or they will make a mess in the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Note: Let these cool a bit before you eat or you WILL burn your lips!