1/4 Photos of Bannock
Kansas A's Note:
A light, crispy version and tastes great. Sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon is the way my kids love it but you can serve it plain to dip in chili, stew, or spaghetti. The recipe is so easy, the photos are of my three year old son making it with a bit of help from me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix ingredients and add water.
- 2Knead approximately 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes in a mixer.
- 3You can add cinnamon and brown sugar to the dough or sprinkle it on after it's cooked.
- 4Pat the dough into very flat pancakes, less than a 1/4 inch thick.
- 5Add about a 1/4 inch of oil into a frying pan. Heat up and place dough into frying pan.
- 6Let bottom get golden brown and air bubbles form on top.
- 7Flip over and cooked the other side.
- 8Remove from pan and serve plain or sprinkle on a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 9Served plain you can eat it with stew, spaghetti, chili, etc.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bannock
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 474.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g