Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another chicken sandwich recipe that's a little different from the usual This is a great way to use leftover chicken. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 4 (8 inch) French baguettes, split
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thai hot sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1 -2 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- mint leaf
- cilantro leaf
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- To make sandwiches, spread both sides of the baguettes with mayonnasise and hot sauce (sriracha).
- Arrange chicken over bottom halves and sprinkle with chili sauce.
- Add jalapenos, cucumber slices and herbs and then drizzle with more sauce.
- Toss lettuce and carrots with vinegar and then add to the sandwiches, topping with more chili sauce, if desired.
- Add top halves.
Yum... this is deadly! Bring on the heat with the jalapenos and two chili sauces. The veggies and mint helped control it, and all together, the flavor was great! Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
This was great! I also added some thinly sliced onions and chopped peanuts and used leftover chicken thighs for the meat and toasted it just like I used to order my banh mi! Made for ZWT 9
This sandwich recipe has way more 'hot' than we like, so I cut back on the hot sauce, the chili sauce AND the jalapeno, possibly changing the entire intent of the recipe, BUT we still had a nice lunch nevertheless! I used shredded chicken breast that I had on hand in the freezer, & that worked very well! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]