4 hrs 40 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
I whipped up these burgers for a weekend meal after a Saturday morning visit to the farmer's market. A peek in the fridge told me I had baby cukes to use. They aren't traditional, but they were a hit and instantly became a favorite with the hubby and me. Burgers can also be cooked on the stovetop. Grilling will add a nice flavor, and I prefer charcoal for a nice smoky finish.
My Private Note
Bahn Mi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, seeded if large
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- 1In a bowl, mix together the cucumber, green onion, carrot, rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of Mirin, and sugar until the mixture is well blended. Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
- 2Place the pork in a mixing bowl, and lightly combine with tamari sauce, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of Mirin, ginger, Chile garlic sauce, and fish sauce. Divide the meat into 6 equal parts, and form each part into a patty. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- 4Grill the burgers until the meat is no longer pink inside and the outside is crisp and brown, about 5 minutes per side. To assemble, place a burger on a sesame seed bun, and pile about 1/4 cup of the pickle mixture onto the burger. Sprinkle with a bit of fresh basil and mint, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banh Mi Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.4
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.0 mg
- Sodium 744.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: