1/1 Photo of Banh Mi (Asian Sandwich)
Brenda Sun's Note:
Vietnamese Style sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup daikon radish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (such as lee kum kee)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (7 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 (20 inch) French baguettes
- 1 cucumber (cut into 16 thin strips)
- 16 fresh cilantro stems
- 2 sprigs green onions, cut length wise
- 1 seeded thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
- 1Combine the first five ingredients; cover and let stand for 15 mins to and hour; then drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Combine the chili garlic sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar; stir well. Place pork on the rack of a small roasting pan or broiling pan coated with cooking spray. Spread 2 tablespoons of the chili garlic mixture evenly over pork; sprinkle the pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers at 155°F (slightly pink) Cool; cover, and refrigerate.
- 5Combine mayo and the remaining chili garlic mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- 6Cut each baguette horizontally. Cutting into but not completely through. Spread mayo garlic mixture evenly on cut sides. Thinly slice the pork; divide evenly between baguettes. Top evenly with carrot mixture, arrange 8 cucumber slices and 8 cilantro sprigs on each baguette. Top evenly with the green onions and jalapeno. Press gently to close; Cut each baguette in to four servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banh Mi (Asian Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1062.4
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 262.5 mg
- Sodium 1558.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 98.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: