Recipe by celebrittany
Delicious Vietnamese Cake. I wanted to post this becase I noticed a lot of people requesting this recipe on different blogs.
- 2 cups tapioca starch
- 200 ml coconut cream (200ml = 1/2 can)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder, single acting
- 2 pandan leaves and 1/2 tsp extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the coconut creme, sugar, and pandan leaves to boil. Add in the pandan extract and leave to cool. Remove Pandan Leaves.
- Sift the starch and baking powder together.
- Turn on the oven and preheat to 350°F Brush some oil on the pan and heat the pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Keep it hot until use.
- Use a fork to stir the eggs. Remember to stir just enough to homogenize the whites and yolks.
- Add in the coconut mixture and give it a few stirs. Then sift in the tapioca mixture. Mix everything together with fork until smooth. Now pour it in the heated pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes, until golden. Turn off oven and let cake sit in there for another minute before taking it out.
- Let it cool for a little before cutting.