Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is easy and tasty with polawo, (a Bangladeshi or south Asian rice) or local fried rice. This is a bit hot and spicy, but really tasty. You may also eat it with Paratha (Bangladeshi, Indian or Pakistani bread). If you are eating without anything, then you may have some tomato ketchup.
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes (do not forget to take out the peel)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili (add more if you like or less if you don't like)
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder (Dhaniya)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (Gol moricher goorow)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, according
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch of tasting salt
- breadcrumbs, as needed
- 1 tablespoon flour (maida)
- oil (for frying, !!No deep frying!!)
- sliced cucumbers (as needed) or white onions (as needed) or carrot (to garnish, as needed)
- In a large bowl add boiled and smashed potato, chopped onions, chopped tomato, chopped green chili, coriander powder, black pepper, oil, salt, cornstarch, 1 egg and red chili powder. Mix all these ingredients well with the help of your hands or spoon.
- Now in another bowl beat 1 egg.
- In a flat plate mix some bread crumbs and flour.
- Make small cutlets of the potato mixture with the help of your hands.
- Dip these kebabs in the egg and wrap with bread crumbs and flour.
- Now fry them in oil and when brown, serve in a dish with sliced cucumber, carrot and onions.
- While making kebabs you may spread some oil on your palm.
- After making kebabs with your hands, you may put them in dish and keep in the fridge. REMEMBER! THE DISH ON WHICH YOU WILL PUT THE KEBBAB, grease it. Then after sometime fry them in oil.
I loved the food!