Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks I use in the summer, The Thrill of the Grill by Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby. It compliments any grilled food. I personally enjoy this dish with grilled fish or pork that has an Indonesian flare. The cook time is actually refrigeration time before serving.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Wash cucumbers well to remove waxy deposit, cut them in half lengthwise, and then slice them thin.
- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients and toss the cucumber slices with the mixture.
- Will keep 4 days, covered and refrigerated.