Recipe by Elmotoo
I found this on a Korean website. Serve with rice and side dishes or as an appetizer with drinks.
Top Review by Chef floWer
We love going to a Korean BBQ restaurants. This recipe was great, simple to put together and Little Miss and Hubby (I don't eat read meat) said it tasted wonderful. I followed the recipe except I used chives instead of spring onions/green scallions, it was all I had a home and I wanted to use them before they expired. Hubby said all the elements to the dish went really well together (the lettuce rub, the soy/sesame scallions/chives and the beef). I double the recipe and served it as a main with rice, kimchi and cherry tomato salad. Thank you so much for a simple dish Elmotoo
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin or 1 1⁄4 lbs rib eye steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scallions, 2-inch long julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 10 -12 large lettuce leaves (I recommend Boston lettuce)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steak into thin slices 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. This can be done easily if the steak is half frozen. Mix the steak with salt, 1 TB sesame oil and the pepper; put seasonings into the meat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Soak the scallion slices in ice water for 15 minutes. Drain well. Mix together the soy sauce and the remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil and toss this with the scallion slices. Set aside.
- Mix the chili powder, sugar and sesame seeds together. Rub this seasoning on the inside curl of the lettuce leaves. Set aside.
- Grill the steak for 1 to 3 minutes until done according to taste.
- Take 1 lettuce leaf put several slices of steak in the center add about 1 tablespoon of the seasoned scallions a sliver or two of garlic fold the lettuce over the steak and eat.