Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
This Soup tastes so delish and is velvety smooth.. the best tasting potato soup in my opinion and got nothing but rave reviews.. try it and you will love it too.. You can top with sour cream if desired .. enjoy
- Peel the 7 medium baked potatoes and par-boil in a stock pot filled with generously salted water, when cooled enough to handle dice the potatoes into uniformed cubes.
- Place bacon in a deep skillet, cook over med heat until crispy, remove bacon and crumble into seperate dish and set aside.
- In the reserved bacon grease add the diced onion and cook until translucent, then add the diced potatoes, and mix until all potato's are coated in the bacon grease. you can add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large stock pot , melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
- when melted, whisk in the 2/3 c flour, until all lumps are gone.
- gradually stir in the 7 cups of milk , whisking constantly until thickened.
- Add the 2 cups chicken broth and the 2 cans of condensed cheddar cheese soup., 2 tbsp dried chives, and the salt and pepper, then add the potato , onion, bacon mixture and mix until boiling. then reduce heat and let simmer.