Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Total Comfort Food!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with hand masher or electric mixer.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, 1 Tbl butter, salt, onion or garlic powder and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 1 quart baking dish & dot with remaining butter.
- For a special treat, sprinkle with cheddar.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
These were good potatoes though I felt they were a bit bland. I used both the onion and garlic powder but chose not to sprinkle with cheese. The texture was very nice though. I also wasn't sure that baking the potatoes in the oven was necessary. I think if I made these again I would just throw them back on the stove to heat through.
Made for 123 tag. Definitely comfort food...ohh yum! I used onion powder and garlic powder...came out super!
Yummy! Added shredded cheeseto the top. It was very good.