Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great party pleaser. I came up with this recipe when I was asked to bring something to my fathers work party, and what a hit it was. Everyone loved this dip, and I hope you will too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1 large yellow sweet onion
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml low-fat sour cream
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 118.29 ml finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the onions in thin slices and then quarter.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat caramelize the onions in the olive oil and salt, this may take up to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, parsley, and parmesan; set aside.
- After the onions are done, set them aside to cool.
- After they are cool add them to the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate over night before serving.
I love anything with a kick and this has one. Not too spicy for guests at our party and the bowl was emptied and people came back for more. This recipe makes TONS and all of it will get eaten. So original and something I like to make for events. Thanks!
I have made this twice now and got rave reviews at both parties. and the 2nd time around I cut the black pepper and cayenne in half for knew that some of my guests do not care too much for the hotside, it turned out just as good. If you are looking for an awesome crowd pleasing dip this is it, you must try this. Thank You so much for sharing your fantastic dip, Miz.
I made this for an onion potluck at work and people went ballistic over it. The only thing I added to it was minced garlic for added kick. Thanks.