Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a great party pleaser. I came up with this recipe when I was asked to bring something to my fathers work party, and what a hit it was. Everyone loved this dip, and I hope you will too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
Top Review by SuzeCooks
I love anything with a kick and this has one. Not too spicy for guests at our party and the bowl was emptied and people came back for more. This recipe makes TONS and all of it will get eaten. So original and something I like to make for events. Thanks!
- 1 large yellow sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Cut the onions in thin slices and then quarter.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat caramelize the onions in the olive oil and salt, this may take up to 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne, parsley, and parmesan; set aside.
- After the onions are done, set them aside to cool.
- After they are cool add them to the mayonnaise/sour cream mixture and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate over night before serving.