Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strong and flavourful. This is sure to make you smile on the coldest day.
Make and share this Bangers and Mash in an Apple Red Wine Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and add the sausages. Cook for 15 minutes, turning to brown all over.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into even chunks and put into a large pan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Core the apples and cut into wedges.
- Push the sausages to the edge of the pan and add the apple wedges. Cook for about 2 minutes each side, until turning golden.
- Remove the apple with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the wine, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour in 120ml hot water and allow to bubble for a few minutes to thicken the gravy.
- Return the apple to the pan and season.
- Drain the potatoes, then put them back in the same pan and return to the heat for about 30 seconds to drive off any excess moisture.
- Mash well with the butter and milk, and season.
- Divide the mash between 4 plates and top with the bangers.
- Spoon over the mustard gravy and apple wedges. Serve with green beans.