Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is a favourite in my family, very English (I know we are Kiwi, but we still love it)
Top Review by bbranson44
Thank you for this recipe, I think I have been waiting for it all of my life. Bacon and sausage are the only forms of pork I will eat, and I've wanted a good Bangers and Mash recipe for almost forever. I also love Toad in the Hole. Thanks again.........bb
- 8 links pork sausage
- 8 potatoes (approx, depending on size)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup peas (approx)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 onions
Directions See How It's Made
- peel potatoes and chop in half.
- place in pan with a lid on.
- cover with water and bring to boil, leave to simmer for about until tender, drain water and keep warm in oven with lid on,(or make them just before mashing).
- peel onions and slice into rings, (for a trick to stop watery eyes, put onions in a freezer for 10 minutes before peeling).
- put olive oil and garlic in frypan and add onions, turning with tongs frequently.
- grill sausages, turning with tongs when required.
- just before serving put peas in boiling water and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- while the peas are cooking get potatoes out.
- place a knob of butter on potatoes and mash dry.
- add milk until you get a creamy consistency.
- serve sausages with onions over and peas and mash.
- place some ketchup on the side for a perfect dinner.