Classic pub fare
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the sausages in a skillet till they are light brown. Place on warm platter.
- 2Pour off all but one tsp oil in the skillet then add onion and fry till transparent, remove from heat.
- 3Combine potatoes, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- 4Place half of the potato mixture into a buttered backing dish and arrange the sausages on top.
- 5Place the remaining potato mixture in a pastry bag that’s been fitted with a large rosette tip and pipe the potato decoratively around the sausages.
- 6Sprinkle with the onion and dot with remaining butter.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bangers and Mash
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 555.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g