Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Classic pub fare
Make and share this Bangers and Mash recipe from Food.com.
- Fry the sausages in a skillet till they are light brown. Place on warm platter.
- Pour off all but one tsp oil in the skillet then add onion and fry till transparent, remove from heat.
- Combine potatoes, milk, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Place half of the potato mixture into a buttered backing dish and arrange the sausages on top.
- Place the remaining potato mixture in a pastry bag that’s been fitted with a large rosette tip and pipe the potato decoratively around the sausages.
- Sprinkle with the onion and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.