Recipe by 963949
I spent time in Bangalore recently and returned home. I wanted to recreate some of the amazing fish recipes that I experienced in that amazing city. Some of the ingredients are missing in our country but after experimenting a bit I came up with this dish. Its has remarkable flavour and goes well with any firm, white fish
Top Review by leukothea
I was looking for recipes to use up some fresh curry leaves, and decided to try this one. It is easy to bring this recipe together, and it tastes great! Because I was using frozen tilapia, I lengthened the cooking time, and added some water so the coconut milk wouldn't scorch. Next time I will increase the spice level. Worth making again!
- 500 g halibut fillets
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 (8 ounce) can coconut milk
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut halibut into chunks and set aside.
- Slice shallot thinly. Gently fry shallot, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes, or untill the shallots are soft.
- Add chilli powder, tumeric, garam marsala and funugreek and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and heat till the coconut milk bubbles.
- Add halibut chunks, curry leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with a little water and add to the dish to thicken.