Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I spent time in Bangalore recently and returned home. I wanted to recreate some of the amazing fish recipes that I experienced in that amazing city. Some of the ingredients are missing in our country but after experimenting a bit I came up with this dish. Its has remarkable flavour and goes well with any firm, white fish
- Cut halibut into chunks and set aside.
- Slice shallot thinly. Gently fry shallot, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes, or untill the shallots are soft.
- Add chilli powder, tumeric, garam marsala and funugreek and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and heat till the coconut milk bubbles.
- Add halibut chunks, curry leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with a little water and add to the dish to thicken.