1/3 Photos of Bang for Your Buck Spaghetti Squash
1 hr 5 mins
Gluten Free Me's Note:
Actually learned this by accident when I forgot to take the spaghetti squash out of the oven. It significantly increases the amount of spaghetti squash I am able to get out of each squash.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Wash and remove stickers from spaghetti squash.
- 3Cut the squash in half. (Be careful spaghetti squash can be very hard)
- 4Remove seeds from the middle of each half.
- 5Put water in pan large enough to hold the 2 halves of the squash inside facing down. I usually use 8x11.
- 6Place squash in pan inside facing down.
- 7Bake for 1 - 2 hours depending on size of squash. When squash is ready the top of the squash skin should be browned and slightly brittle. When you touch the top of the squash with a fork the skin should give little resistance.
- 8After you remove from oven let cool for 10 - 20 minutes.
- 9When cool pierce top of spaghetti squash skin with fork and peel away. All of the skin should easily peel away from the squash's interior. (Make sure and watch out for steam)
- 10After skin is peeled move halves to bowl and shred with 2 forks until it has a spaghetti like consistency.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bang for Your Buck Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g