Recipe by haley101
This bang bang shrimp is Bonefish Grill's most popular dish.
Top Review by brokedownrage
Loved this! This is a dish I love when ordering out and it was fun and simple to make at home.
Allowing the flavors to mix for a few hours is a golden tip, make sure not to skip that step.
My changes for personal preferences: I pan fried the shrimp because I never deep fry, added a touch of garlic salt to the corn starch for extra flavor and used just a little less mayo in the sauce. I love that you can change the hotness to taste and the whole recipe was very easy to make and was done in no time!
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml Thai sweet chili sauce
- 0.32 ml sriracha hot chili sauce (or to taste)
- 453.59 g shelled and deveined shrimp
- dry cornstarch
- oil (for frying)
- chopped scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce two to three hours before shrimp so all of the flavors can blend.
- Mix mayonnaise with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Dredge the shrimp in cornstarch.
- Deep fat fry the shrimp until lightly brown.
- Drain on paper towel, put in a bowl and coat with the sauce.
- Serve in a lettuce, cabbage, and spinach lined bowl, top with chopped scallions.