This is a pretty close copy cat recipe of Bang Bang Shrimp. It's easier than it looks and is well worth the work. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 nice lettuce leaves (whole)
- 1 scallion (chopped)
- 1Make sauce ahead of time (up to 1 day ahead) to allow flavors to blend and cool the heat of the spice.
- 2Peel shrimp and put them in a bowl with 1 tsp salt and mix well. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Preheat deep fryer or oil in pan to 350 degrees.
- 4Pour buttermilk over shrimp and mix thouroughly.
- 5Drain shrimp in colander.
- 6Put shrimp on a cookie sheet or something with sides so excess buttermilk doesn't drain all over the place.
- 7Mix cornstarch and panko bread crumbs.
- 8Sprinkle half of the panko/cornstarch mixture over the shrimp.
- 9Flip shrimp over and sprinkle remaining mixture over shrimp.
- 10***Make sure they're lightly breaded - that's the key.***.
- 11Fry shrimp until golden brown. The panko will get darker than the rest.
- 12After frying and draining, place shrimp on lettuce leaves.
- 13Drizzle sauce over the shrimp (as little or as much as you want).
- 14Sprinkle with scallions.
- 15Serve & enjoy.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bang Bang Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.9 mg
- Sodium 2097.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: