Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Finally! I've been experimenting with different "copycat" recipes for Bonefish Grill's Bang Bang Shrimp for a couple of years. Finally, the Food Network folks have nailed it!! This recipe is in the April 2010 issue of Food Network Magazine. The only change I made was to add some Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce to add more zip. Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main dish.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 lb medium to large shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- scallion, finely sliced, for garnish
- Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, sriracha and honey for sauce.
- Heat vegetable or peanut oil to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs in a pie plate.
- Whisk Flour, cornstarch, 1 t salt and 1 t pepper in another pie plate.
- Working in batches, dredge shrimp in flour mixture, shake off excess, dip in beaten eggs, then return to flour mixture. Fry shrimp in hot oil until golden. Transfer to paper towel lined plate with slotted spoon.
- Toss shrimp with prepared sauce. Top with sliced scallions.