Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple salad is very refreshing and wonderful addition to a summer meal. You can easily add cubed or sliced fresh mozzarella cheese to make it more substantial.
- 1 lb tomatoes, thickly sliced (fresh and ripe)
- 1 -2 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Gently mix all ingredients into a serving bowl until the dressing is combined. If using mozzarella, slice into rounds or cubes and mix in as well,refrigerate. Serve cool.