Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Super easy Tex-Mex breakfast for two.
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salsa (your choice of red or green)
- 2 thin slices onions
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze lime juice over avocado slices, set aside.
- Warm two small round casserole dishes in the oven.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry tortillas until crisp, turning once. Remove with tongs and place one in each casserole. Discard oil and melt butter.
- Break eggs into skillet and fry or scramble.
- Top tortillas with eggs and garnish with salt and pepper, tomato slices, avocado, salsa. onion and cheese. Place casseroles under broiler until cheese melts.
- Place hot dishes on dinner plates and serve.
Oh so delicious!!! I made this as listed but didn't know what size tortilla to use, so of course I chose the 12"! I made this pretty much as listed except for a couple of small changes - decided to chop the tomato instead of slicing it, mixed some cheddar with the monterey jack cheese and used a pie plate under the broiler and served it right on the plate instead of a hot casserole dish. Made for ZWT8. Thanks CJAY! :)
I think this could become a five star recipe with some bacon maybe? Still delicious though and will definitely be making again!
This was just okay for us