Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Super easy Tex-Mex breakfast for two.
Make and share this Bandito Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- Squeeze lime juice over avocado slices, set aside.
- Warm two small round casserole dishes in the oven.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry tortillas until crisp, turning once. Remove with tongs and place one in each casserole. Discard oil and melt butter.
- Break eggs into skillet and fry or scramble.
- Top tortillas with eggs and garnish with salt and pepper, tomato slices, avocado, salsa. onion and cheese. Place casseroles under broiler until cheese melts.
- Place hot dishes on dinner plates and serve.
Oh so delicious!!! I made this as listed but didn't know what size tortilla to use, so of course I chose the 12"! I made this pretty much as listed except for a couple of small changes - decided to chop the tomato instead of slicing it, mixed some cheddar with the monterey jack cheese and used a pie plate under the broiler and served it right on the plate instead of a hot casserole dish. Made for ZWT8. Thanks CJAY! :)
This was just okay for us
This terrific, and so fast and easy to make! I used salsa verde and monterey pepperjack cheese. My corn tortillas may have been on the smaller side, as they were fully loaded with the sliced 1/2 avocado and a fresh plum tomato from the garden. It also made for a nice and colorful presentation. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8