Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe originates with John W. Eckert of Phoenix, Arizona.
Make and share this Bandito Chili Con Carne recipe from Food.com.
- Cut bacon into squares, place in bottom of Dutch oven, and heat-- this renders the bacon.
- Add garlic cloves, beef and onions, and stir.
- Chop whole chiles into small pieces and add.
- After meat mixture has browned, add spices and tomatoes.
- Then add wine, bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 hours.
There are many different versions of chili and this one is not of the type I'm used to, but it is very, very good. The only change I made was the addition of Kosher salt. I also used canned whole green chilies, chopped. Thanks Lennie! (and John W. Eckert) :)