Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this after having a large amount of left-over chicken. I did glean some things from other recipes here. But this is a unique recipe, not a copy. Preparation time does NOT include cooking the chicken.
- 907.18 g cooked chicken, pieces-legs and thighs
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 170.09 g box Rice-A-Roni, rice pilaf
- 340.19 g can mushroom pieces
- 340.19 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml lawrys season salt
- 4-5 celery tops
- In med/large pot, combine broth, water, milk, celery and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,and remove the celery tops.
- Then stir in mushrooms and soup.
- Stir this until mixture ceases to boil.
- Let simmer while you cook the rice pilaf to 'almost' done in the microwave.
- Add chicken and rice to pot and cover; cooking on lowest setting for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with a vegetable or salad.