Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I came up with this after having a large amount of left-over chicken. I did glean some things from other recipes here. But this is a unique recipe, not a copy. Preparation time does NOT include cooking the chicken.
- In med/large pot, combine broth, water, milk, celery and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,and remove the celery tops.
- Then stir in mushrooms and soup.
- Stir this until mixture ceases to boil.
- Let simmer while you cook the rice pilaf to 'almost' done in the microwave.
- Add chicken and rice to pot and cover; cooking on lowest setting for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with a vegetable or salad.