Recipe by venus2
Bandera, Texas is known as the "Cowboy Capital of the World". It's just outside San Antonio and there are lots of "dude" ranches there. I think this recipe originated on one of the ranches. It goes really well with fried chicken or smoked ham.
- 2 cups grits
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook grits in water according to package directions.
- Place grits in 9x12 baking dish and add cheese, butter and eggs.
- Season with garlic salt and pepper, and Tabasco.
- Add jalapeños and pimentos.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.