Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Some folks use Craisins in place of raisins as done in the Banbury Tart recipe. It is also great as a filling for cinnamon rolls. I have included three filling combinations - and I will vouch for the Orange-Craisin combination. Hope these are useful.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine raisins through lemon juice and rind.
- Roll out the pastry dough to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch squares.
- Place a scant tablespoon of raisin mixture in the centre of each square. Fold the square in half, forming a triangle. Seal the edges by brushing wi th water.
- Cut a small X in the top with a sharp knife. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Notes: Puff pastry can be used instead of pie crust. If so bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.