Recipe by b4uc1or2
This recipe is from my local Sunday paper. I haven't had a chance to make it yet but it sure looks good!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup strawberry soda
- 3 bananas
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (9 ounce) containerprepared whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and bake cake mix by package directions in 9x13 pan.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, add strawberry soda. Refrigerate until syrupy.
- Punch holes in cake with something such as a potato peeler and pour strawberry syrup over it.
- Cover with thickly sliced bananas.
- Mix vanilla pudding with half and half. Fold in whipped toppng and spread over cake.
- Note: Number of bananas are an estimate. Completely cover the cake with bananas.