1/1 Photo of Bananas Wonton
I was invited to a fondue party and wanted to bring something different. I had remembered seeing something about banana wontons, but did not remember the specifics, so I decided on something simple, as I knew the oil fondue pot would also be used for meat and veggies. I love how the banana becomes almost custardy in consistency. They were a hit with both the adults and the kids at the party, some of whom popped the fried wontons into the chocolate fondue pot. Yield depends on the exact size of your bananas, of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the banana into slices about 1/2 inch thick. You want to have the wonton wrapper surround it completely, and if it's too thick a slice, it won't.
- 2Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 3Have a small bowl of water ready.
- 4Place the wonton wrapper on your work surface.
- 5Dip the banana into the cinnamon sugar and place in the center of the wrapper.
- 6Fold one corner over the banana slice. Moisten the next corner and fold it over the first corner, pressing gently. Repeat until all four corners are folded over.
- 7Repeat with remaining bananas and wontons. You might need more cinnamon sugar, depending on how generous you are, I used just a bit per slice.
- 8Heat oil in a saucepan or wok until medium hot, around 350 deg.
- 9Drop a few of the wontons inches They should cook in under a minute, and you might need to help it turn over onto the other side, once the first side is golden.
- 10Remove with a skimmer and drain on paper towels.
- 11If you are not further dipping these into a chocolate fondue, then you might want to sift a little powdered sugar over these.
- 12Note: lots of variations are possible - a dab of Nutella under the banana slice, some coconut flakes, a dash of nutmeg or cardamon in the sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Wonton
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 40.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g