Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is too good to describe in words, a fantastic-tasting dessert to WOW your guests, or make just for yourself and your family....also, quite easy to prepare too,very yummy!
- 4 medium firm ripe bananas, peeled and split lenghwise
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon light rum
- Melt the 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet, over low heat.
- Add brown sugar; stir until melted.
- Add the halved bananas; saute for 10 mins, until JUST tender, turning once, (careful not to overcook, as bananas will get mushy).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pint of icecream and the Rum.
- Remove the bananas from the skillet, along with the sugar juice.
- Transfer to serving dishes.
- Spoon the brown sugar juices over the bananas.
- Serve with the icecream/rum sauce.
OK, I think I should just go down through your list of recipes, one at a time, and try every one! This was extrememly quick and easy to do, and flavourful to eat....we added the rum to the brown sugar sauce, instead of mixing with the vanilla ice cream. Next time, I'll add more, and set it aflame!
Two of my friends, Priti and Priya, and their family, really loved this dessert when I had made it for them. My dad enjoys eating this too!