Recipe by NorthwestGal
I found this recipe on the World Recipes website, and thought it sounded like the perfect dessert to top off a nice dinner with a tropical theme. The recipe was listed as a Brazilian dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 6 medium underripe bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar, lemon juice, butter and rum together and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and slice them in half, lengthwise. Place bananas cut side down, in a buttered baking dish and pour the hot syrup over them.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400°, turning once. Let cool.