Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the World Recipes website, and thought it sounded like the perfect dessert to top off a nice dinner with a tropical theme. The recipe was listed as a Brazilian dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 6 medium underripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar, lemon juice, butter and rum together and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and slice them in half, lengthwise. Place bananas cut side down, in a buttered baking dish and pour the hot syrup over them.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400°, turning once. Let cool.
Excellent dessert... loved the flavors.. made as written and wouldn't change a thing. Made for football Pool/
I love bananas and rum, so this was perfect for me! I followed the recipe, except used the toaster oven, as it has been in the upper 90's for the last couple of days. Mine was done in 20 minutes! Soft and delectable! YUM! Thanks for sharing, NorthwestGal!
Prepared exactly as written, this makes a lovely, sweet dessert. Made for PRMR tag.