Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this for breakfast alone or tasty as a topping on Delicious Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Pancakes. It was made up when I was craving a snack. The next morning I wanted something different to please DH so I put it over pancakes. Using the honey option to be more traditional this would end a curry meal nicely. You could also shake on some cinnamon if you like. Yummy!
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 59.14 ml organic coconut milk (pretty thick consistency)
- 59.16 ml maple syrup (or to taste) or 59.16 ml local liquid honey (or to taste)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Separate sliced bananas into two bowls.
- Make sure to shake the coconut milk can before opening.
- Pour coconut milk over the fruit.
- Drizzle with half the maple syrup or honey onto each serving.
- Chill if wished.
I enjoyed this for breakfast. I've never used coconut milk before, although I have some in the pantry. I've enjoyed bananas with regular milk, but I liked this better. I added cinnamon, perhaps more than was intended as my shaker went out of control, but I enjoyed the extra flavor. My only complaint, and it's a pure personal preference, is the texture. I think the addition of granola or another cereal would add dimension and flavor to this lovely dish. Thanks!
Delicious and easy! Of course, being Canadian, I HAD to use maple syrup! And since I have some coconut milk left, I may just have it for breakfast too! Thanks!
This is very good! It made a wonderful breakfast for me. Thanks for sharing.