Recipe by Manami
Delicious! A great dish with which to become creative. The computer won't allow me to post fresh pineapple slices instead of the bananas
- 4 firm bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (optional) or 3⁄4-1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped & roasted pistachios or 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or 2 tablespoons toasted macadamias
- toasted coconut (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on broiler.
- Arrange banana slices in a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cardamon or cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Douse with rum.
- Broil 2-3 mins or until top is bubbly.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt and vanilla.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Enjoy it is delicious!