Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Nicaragua. From the "International Vegetarian Cookbook".
- 3 large firm ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons limes or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Peel bananas and slice diagonally, 1/4 inch thick. Pour orange juice into a small, shallow bowl. In another small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Dip a third of the banana slices into the orange juice and then into the brown sugar mixture. Add to the pan and cook until lightly browned and glazed on both sides (about 1 minute total). Spoon into 2 shallow dessert dishes. Repeat two more times with the remaining bananas.
- When all are cooked, add lime juice and any remaining orange juice and brown sugar mixture to the pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture boils and becomes syrupy (this happens quickly). Pour evenly over bananas.
- Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately.
Yum!!! These are just delicious. I did change it up a little instead of sour cream I used vanilla yogurt. Really added a pop of flavor. May for Football Poll 12 week 7
YUM! These were really good, and different than I expected! I took a little 'poetic license' and instead of the sour cream, I served this topped by recipe#431655, which I thought would pair well. I was right! I will try this again, and use sour cream next time. Thanks for sharing, Bayhill!
LOVELY! I know I like bananas, oj, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together. I also know I like sour cream and limes together. And when combined they make a delightful exotic pair. I used little manzano bananas. Next time I might add some lime zest to the sour cream. Made for the Zaar Stars tag game.