1/1 Photo of Bananas in Chocolate Mud
With a name like that how could I not try it? I got this from a cookbook called Australia Wide Cookbook by Valwyn McMonigal I learned that bananas were introduced to NSW and yields apx 152,000 tons a year! They cover the bunches with blue plastic bags to protect the bananas from sunburn. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate, for mud sauce chopped (8 oz)
- 20 g butter, for mud sauce (1/2oz)
- 1 drop vanilla essence, for mud sauce
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, for mud sauce
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- strawberry, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 180*c/375*f.
- 2place whole peeled bananas in an ovenproof dish.
- 3Combine melted butter, brandy and brown sugar together in pan, stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour over bananas and bake 10 minute.
- 4(microwave directions: microwave on high for 3 minutes).
- 5Chocolate Mud Sauce:.
- 6melt chocolate over pan of hot water, stir in butter and remove from heat. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- 7(microwave directions: combine chocolate, butter and vanilla and cook on high 1 - 2 minutes, add sour cream).
- 8To serve, pour chocolate mixture into serving dish, carefully lift 1 banana on top and drizzle with the butter mixture (from cooking the banana). Top with shaved chocolate and a strawberry
- 9Serve while warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas in Chocolate Mud
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.1
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 148.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g