Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
With a name like that how could I not try it? I got this from a cookbook called Australia Wide Cookbook by Valwyn McMonigal I learned that bananas were introduced to NSW and yields apx 152,000 tons a year! They cover the bunches with blue plastic bags to protect the bananas from sunburn. Enjoy!
- 3 bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate, for mud sauce chopped (8 oz)
- 20 g butter, for mud sauce (1/2oz)
- 1 drop vanilla essence, for mud sauce
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream, for mud sauce
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings, for garnish
- whipped cream, for garnish
- strawberry, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180*c/375*f.
- place whole peeled bananas in an ovenproof dish.
- Combine melted butter, brandy and brown sugar together in pan, stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour over bananas and bake 10 minute.
- (microwave directions: microwave on high for 3 minutes).
- Chocolate Mud Sauce:.
- melt chocolate over pan of hot water, stir in butter and remove from heat. Add vanilla and sour cream.
- (microwave directions: combine chocolate, butter and vanilla and cook on high 1 - 2 minutes, add sour cream).
- To serve, pour chocolate mixture into serving dish, carefully lift 1 banana on top and drizzle with the butter mixture (from cooking the banana). Top with shaved chocolate and a strawberry
- Serve while warm.
I made this for the DS and DM so made as a 2 serve dessert (I did.not use chocolate shavings but did serve with cream and strawberries), I used the microwave for the recipe but had issues for a 900 watt oven the mixing of the melted butter (previously melted it before adding to the brown sugar etc.but felt that 3 minutes was too way much as it melted it to candy status once baked with the bananas). The mud sauce I did in 30 seconds and took 1 minute 30 seconds but in the rush of serivng forgot the sour cream so ended with a thick mud sauce that was enjoyed by the DS and DH. It wasn't till I went to review that I had erred and cooked the bananas for 10 minutes in the microwave which was much to long and they sort of collapsed a little but the DS and DM gobbled up the lot and really enjoyed, thank you for an occasional treat dessert for the DM and DS, made for Make My Reipe - Renuion Ediition.