Recipe by Manami
OMG, this recipe had me drooling, it is so very good. We had it tonite in the kitchen - so that only the kitchen staff could eat (8+) we followed the directions so there was enough for only a taste! I think if you chose to you could add a decade4nt ice-cream such as butter-pecan ripple & follow through with nuts as well! (Just a thought!) WOW! It's bananas cooked in a delectable brown-sugar-rum sauce for a quick yet impressive dessert! Found this in an Eating Well Newsletter in the June 2008 edition.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (please, not the bottled stuff!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir brown sugar, butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until bubbling.
- Add rum(away from the fire) lime juice and cinnamon and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add bananas and cook, stirring, until tender.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top with a dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt, sour cream or ice cream.