Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another selection for the 2005 World Tour. A simple and lovely dessert from West Africa.
- 8 medium bananas, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut or 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional) or 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll banana pieces in cinnamon sugar and place in a 9 inch ovenproof dish.
- Mix orange juice and brandy together and pour into dish with the bananas.
- Bake 20 minutes, periodically basting the bananas with the juice.
- Remove bananas from oven and sprinkle either coconut or peanuts on top.
- If you like, mix together the sour cream and tablepoon of sugar. Serve on side as an optional garnish.
I used dark rum as i did not have apricot brandy and i also added a choped down bounty bar to this, my boyfriend was so surprised when he came home and we had this for our engagement-anniversery-tread :) Optional (or not so optional)garnish: Vanilla icecream!
Mmmmmm! We (DH and me) buy between 12 and 15 bananas a week here and usually run out before the week ends. We love bananas because they are good, but also because they are so good for you! This was a wonderful dessert! We used PeachTree Schnapps in place of the brandy. We didn't need ice cream or garnish. We just devoured the bananas with coconut sprinkled on top. YUM YUM!